Ultro Recruitment wants you to feel confident using our web site. In order to gain your confidence Ultro's web site Privacy Statement has been included on line so as to provide you with a clear indication of how Ultro complies with privacy legislation.
Respecting your internet privacy
Your privacy is important to Ultro.
If you visit an area of the Ultro website to which you are not required to log on in order to read, browse or download information, Ultro's systems may record the date and time of your visit, the pages visited and any information downloaded. Ultro's systems will not record any information that would identify you personally without your consent.
Any personal information that you submit to Ultro through the web site will only be used for the following purposes:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from a Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for employment
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from a Contractor and other sources in connection with applications for contracting projects/assignments.
- Work Quality Evaluation Assessments
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Employee Records (Personal Information pertaining to Internal and External staff - as defined)
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
- If you complete an online registration form on an Ultro web site, the information that you enter into the form will only be collected if you actually submit the form (by post, in person or via the Internet).
Ultro may also use the information collected to notify you about changes to our web sites, and to inform you of services, opportunities and special events that Ultro believes that you will find valuable.
From time to time we may also use the information to send you information about us, our related companies and possibly about third parties (we will send such information directly to you - your information will not be provided to third parties without your consent).
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with the best recruitment and contracting services and/or opportunities, it may sometimes be necessary for Ultro to disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
To our employees, contractors and agents
From time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include, bulk recruitment exercises or administrative functions associated with the Ultro's business activities. Such parties will have access to only that personal information required by them to perform their functions, and may not use such information for any other purposes.
Where required by law
In certain circumstances we may be required by law to disclose your personal information, for example, where disclosure is ordered by a Court, or subpoenaed in relation to third party litigation. We also reserve the right to choose to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies in circumstances described in the National Privacy Principles and other applicable laws and regulations, including for the purpose of investigating alleged contraventions of the law.
With your consent
Other than as outlined above, we will endeavour to provide you with notice (which may occur via your nominated e-mail) when we wish to provide personal information about you to third parties, and provide you with the opportunity to chose not to share that information.
By visiting this site you are agreeing with and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. Should you not agree with this Privacy Statement you should cease using the web site immediately.
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time as the web site and its content develops and matures. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement regularly.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’ AND WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES ULTRO COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of ULTRO’s services, ULTRO may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information ULTRO collects may include:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which will only be collected with your consent;
- any results of relevant tests in which you participate including but not limited to online testing carried out on ULTRO’s behalf by Xpert, Workpro or other provider;
- any personal information relevant to any training programs you undertake;
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation account information necessary to facilitate the payment of wages and superannuation contributions and to ensure appropriate taxation treatment;
- driver’s licence number and relevant information about your driving history or infringements and any other applicable licences and certificates; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
In some circumstances ULTRO may also hold other personal information provided by you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax,post or other means, whether at ULTRO’s request or at your own initiative.
- you submit an application form or your resume through a third party website;
- we undertake reference checks by inquiring with, or we otherwise receive references or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any competency tests in which you participate;
- we receive results from any other online process or testing including but not limited to assessments, induction courses and background checks carried out by Workpro, Xpert or other provider on ULTRO’s behalf;
- we undertake a VEVO Check through which to assess your eligibility to work within Australia;
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive information from your employer for the provision of employee benefits or career assessments for candidates receiving our career transition or training services;
- we receive information about a workplace accident in which you were involved; and
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were or are involved during, or in connection with, a work placement.
There may be other occasions when ULTRO collects your personal information from other sources such as an information services provider, your employer or ex-employer or a publicly maintained record, including records publicly available through social media. Generally, ULTRO will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
You can choose to provide ULTRO with any information about you, although it may be needed to receive the services provided by ULTRO.
WHY DOES ULTRO NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ULTRO collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing you with recruitment, work placement services, career transition and training services. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate or otherwise in connection with:
- you being offered employment or an engagement with a client of ULTRO;
- our actual or potential work placements with clients of ULTRO;
- performing performance appraisals in relation to your former or current work placements with clients of ULTRO;
- any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the purposes of assessing your suitability for a potential work placement or task with a client of ULTRO;
- assessing and facilitating your training needs;
- any necessary workplace rehabilitation during, or for the purposes of, a current or future work placement with a client of ULTRO in accordance with applicable legislation;
- the management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved during a work placement with a client of ULTRO;
- any insurance claim or proposal in which ULTRO is involved by virtue of your current or previous work placements with a client of ULTRO;
- you being offered career transition services upon termination of your employment with your current or ex-employer; and/or ing training needs.
- ULTRO may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
- administrative and business management purposes;
- marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you;
- its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
- any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, ULTRO takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to ULTRO. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, ULTRO may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ULTRO discloses your personal information for the purpose for which ULTRO collects it. That is, generally, ULTRO will only disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the provision of recruitment and work placement services or otherwise as set out in this statement. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- clients of ULTRO who may be your potential or actual employer or with whom you may be placed on a work placement;
- your referees;
- educational institutions and organisations, for the purpose of recommending and facilitating courses or programs through which you can upgrade your skills and undertake further training;
- ULTRO’s insurers;
- a professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of ULTRO’s services or otherwise with your consent;
- a workers compensation body in accordance with applicable legislation;
- ULTRO’s contractors and suppliers including IT contractors and database designers;
- a federally registered Job Services Provider, for the purpose of confirming hours of work and hourly rate of pay;
- ULTRO’s professional advisors;
- any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.
ULTRO may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting ULTRO via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ULTRO takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. ULTRO holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
ULTRO will destroy or de identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless ULTRO is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain their information.
YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO, AND SEEK CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY ULTRO
ULTRO takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by ULTRO. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that ULTRO holds about you, or you would like more information on ULTRO's approach to privacy, please contact ULTRO via the contact details set out below. ULTRO will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- ULTRO requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- ULTRO may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to ULTRO for providing access in accordance with your request.
ULTRO will endeavor to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If ULTRO refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, ULTRO will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. ULTRO will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of ULTRO.
Ultro uses "cookies" to enable its web site to interact with your browser so as to provide you with better service and a more effective web site. "Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. Cookies are used to maintain session information between your browser and Ultro application, and are required for Ultro's application to operate. The Ultro web server can later retrieve these cookies if you visit again.
Ultro allocates a cookie to each Internet browser that visits its web site. This cookie does not allow Ultro to collect personally identifiable information about you. Ultro's web server uses this cookie to:
- allocate a unique identification number to your Internet browser;
- identify pages you have accessed on the Ultro web site to determine if you have previously visited that web site.
Ultro's web servers gather your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our site, and to gather broad demographic information. Demographic information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Online application is a free and optional service that does not require registration. It requires you to complete mandatory fields (eg, first name, last name, phone and email). You can choose to write or attach a cover letter and attach a resume. This email will be directly sent to the Ultro Branch with whom you have registered.
Ultro welcomes ideas and feedback from you about all aspects of the Site. Ultro stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback is used to administer and refine Ultro service, and, at times, may be shared with Ultro's partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics (eg, email address, name) removed. We may also use the information and ideas you send us to improve or promote the site, but we will not publish your name in association with any information you provide without contacting you and gaining your permission.
Confidentiality of personal information
Ultro recognises that information related to your job search is highly personal and sensitive. You may choose to send or store personal information with Ultro. This could include job applications sent directly via email to Ultro, or making your resume available for searching by Ultro Consultants. These services are optional. Ultro will not sell, trade, rent, lend or give your personal information to others without your authorisation. If you contact us with a request for assistance in using site features or report an error, authorised Ultro Staff may access your user registration details solely in order to diagnose your problem and identify solutions.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by writing to:
Ultro Privacy Compliance Officer – Legal Department
Ultro Australia Pty Ltd
120 Moray Street
Off site links
Ultroo may provide links to other sites. Ultro is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these web sites. Your activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies on those sites.
Ultro syndicates its content to, and distributes its content through, other sites on the Internet. Your activity on these sites is covered by the privacy statement on the site in question.
How secure is your information?
Your information is stored on a computer server located in Victoria, Australia. We attempt to keep our server secure and free from unauthorised access and use, by enforcing physical security at the premises in which the server is located, and by using industry standard technological measures to prevent unauthorised remote access to the server.
Unfortunately, no server on the Internet or any data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Despite our best efforts to keep our server and transmissions to and from our server secure, we are unable to absolutely guarantee security and there will always be a risk of unauthorised access to your information. Although we will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to such information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with us, please contact your local Ultro office.